Friday, April 25, 2014

Yearning - A Poem about the winter of 2014 in Maritime Canada

My soul has grown weary in winter's icy grip...
I dream of cloudless blue skies, and
long for the sweet melodies of birdsongs
carried along on gentle summer breezes

I yearn for the caress of sunshine on my cheek
as I stroll through my wonderful garden, where
pansies smile at me, and daisies dance merrily
in the heat of an endless summer day

My senses tingle as I envision the sweet scent
of the roses clinging to the trellis, where the clematis
blossom in brilliant shades of lilac and pink
and busy bees hungrily seek their sweet nectar

In my mind I hear the songs of summer...
hummingbirds at the feeder, robins nurturing their young,
leaves whispering as they catch the breeze
that carries nature's grace to my soul

The season has changed, but spring is elusive...
copious remnants of winter still linger, and
an icy wind rips across the blanket of snow
while I dream of warm summer days...


© Annabel Sheila

No comments: